Wednesday, August 16, 2006

One Time, At Fat Camp

I am fat. It is unmistakable. I never weigh myself except in moments of complete, self-loathing insanity, one of which occurred two days ago at my parents house where they own a scale. I am not going to tell you what it said, but suffice it to say that I have never weighed more in my life. And I believe I have put on 20 or 30 lbs since I started blogging. Not that I hold blogging responsible, although it probably is.

So I must start losing it. I want to lose 35-40 lbs total. Since I am on the tall side of average and I have big boobs, I don't feel as if I have to be a size 6. But I would like to wear pants and not look like a penguin. And I don't want to have to shop at Lane Bryant. I am borderline right now and I don't want to fall over the precipice. It's very tempting to shop at a store where you fit into the smallest sizes instead of the largest. And once you go Lane, you're never the Same. Feel free to use that one. Also, please feel free to weigh in (pun intended and you can use that one too) with any advice. Is there anyone who has needed to lose weight and found a delicious/efficient way to do it?

Needing to lose weight, clean house, finish real estate classes, and plan a birthday party on top of having a cold that refuses to give up is very depressing. And I have an upset stomach from the pounds of snot I have inadvertantly swallowed for nearly two weeks now. Incidentally, I wonder how many calories are in snot?

2 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

Here's something that worked for my husband. He quit eating or drinking anything but water after dinner. Over the course of about 4 or 5 months he lost 25 lbs. He made occasional little sacrifices like sometimes turning down dessert or having just a small amount of dessert, using reduced fat salad dressing and he quit ordering extras with meals when we would eat out. He really didn't make any big changes. Unfortunately, we've had alot of stress around here lately, so... he gained some of it back (but not all). Best of luck to you, Zelda. Please remember that even before you lose any weight, you are a lovely person right now.

Traci Dolan said...

The littlest things can sometimes make the biggest difference. No soda pop. Drink a lot of water. Eat slowly and really chew your food. I'm so guilty of woofing down dinner. Also, find out what it is that makes you gain weight. For some people it is fat content, for me it is carbs, then cut back. Also, I think apples are one of the best diet foods. They have a lot of fiber and don't raise your blood sugar a lot like other fruits can. I eat mine with reduced sugar peanut butter. And, of course, exercise, which I prefer to take in the form of sex.