Friday, May 16, 2008

The Birthday

I was in class all day on my birthday, so I didn't have a chance to post about how great it was.

First off, Jethro got the girls to school in the morning so I could sleep a few minutes later.

After morning class, I met him for a hurried lunch at the Indian buffet by the clinic because he had a patient.

Then I picked up the kids and dropped them off at the clinic so I could get to my evening class.

I got a call from Jethro while I was on break telling me to come down to the entrance. I walked down and there was Jethro, Gwennie and Emma with a huge vase of roses and a Happy Birthday balloon. I kissed them all and went back to class, carrying my flowers.

One of the girls asked me who "that guy" was with the flowers.

I said he was my boyfriend.

She asked if those were his kids.

I said I'd never had the paternity test done, but I was pretty sure they were.

She looked confused.

I told her he was my husband and those were our children.

She looked at me as if I was weird.

I didn't blame her.

I got out of class at 10:30 and started calling all the people who had called me who wouldn't mind if I called that late. I got home and I was still on the phone with one of my sisters. I walked inside and stopped in mid sentence. Jethro had made a lobster dinner which he had timed perfectly with my arrival.

It was delicious. And he got some. Actually I think I got some. Whatever. It was a great birthday.

No comments: