Thursday, November 06, 2008

I Can't Decide If It's Ironic or Bittersweet



" 'I want my money today! It's my money. I want it right now!' yelled one former campaign worker."
" 'I'm disappointed. I'm glad for the president, but I'm disappointed in this system,' said Diane Jefferson, temporary campaign worker."
" 'It should have been $480. It's $230,' said Imani Sankofa"
" 'They gave us $10 an hour. So we added it. I added up all the hours so it was supposed to be at least $120. All I get is $90,' said Charles Martin."
" 'I worked nine hours a day for 4 days and got paid half of what I should have earned,' said Randall Waldon."
" 'They say that they gonna call you or they going to mail it to you, but I don't know. We'll see what happens,' said Antron Grose."
" 'Talking about they'll mail it to us. I ain't worried about that, man. They're not going to mail nothin',' said Martin."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the silver linings of the last few days has been the discovery, unbeknownst to me, of a vocal female fan base. I haven't had this many girls saying nice things about me since... ever.

Thank you!

Zelda said...

Oh, but I'm old-school, baby. I've adored you ever since Dan Rather: Queen of the Space Unicorns.

Anonymous said...

It's always the married ones...

Zelda said...

Always. Because we can.