Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I've been trying to work out a little more lately.  I'm so busy that it's hard for me to do the things I love, much less things I hate.

I have to say though, that I really enjoy that machine where you step onto these pedal like things and march, kind of.  I'm not describing it well.  Oh the elliptical machines.  That's what I mean.  I like those.  They're much easier on my knees than a treadmill.  So I like doing that, and I've foregone wearing a sports bra.  I just can't stand them, so I wear a regular one, go to the ladies' only room, and just bounce a little.  I realize women probably don't appreciate it at all, but that's okay. I try to stay away from them.

So I go to the gym, dig out my iphone with the ipod inside of it and my earphones, throw the rest of my scattered life into a locker, and head for the ellipticals.

I spend a few minutes carefully arranging my earphones in my ears so they aren't uncomfortable, and then I start.  I always thought working out to music was overrated, but I really like working out to The Pogues, of all things, this song in particular:



I start sweating pretty hard, but then strangely, I want to go out and kick some ass.  It's a good feeling.

No comments: