Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Run For The Hills Folks

So we are planning on evacuating and we are planning to stay. Does this make any sense? The stores have run out of water, plywood, and batteries. It's a good thing I put fresh ones in my vibrator. We can use those.

But I think we're evacuating to Austin. If it hits the way they are projecting, Austin will get it too, but it won't be as bad. So Trashman, here we come. If I can talk my sister in to watching Gwennie and Emma, I will spend the duration getting plowed on 6th street. I thought of a new drink for the occasion: The Hurricane Rita. It would probably taste terrible, but it would be so freakin' cool.

We 're going to be getting ready today and leaving tomorrow depending on the projections, so I don't know if I will have time to blog. If I don't get a chance to blog for a few days, say your prayers for us and everyone else in harms way.

And Jack, on the off chance we try to ride it out, will you come and save us?