Tuesday, September 27, 2005

What Jethro Packs Besides A Firearm

I sorted through years worth of shit to find and pack that which was most valuable to us. It ended up being photos and a few heirlooms from deceased grandparents, and some toys that I enjoyed Gwennie and Emma play with.

Jethro packed meat. Forty pounds of frozen meat on ice in a cooler.

It's interesting to see where our priorities lie.

----------------------------

We met Trashman at a divy little joint called the Broken Spoke, which Jethro kept calling the Sliding Knob. Guess who hasn't gotten any in awhile? We also met his lovely wife, Jen, and their two very cool sons, who were raised well enough to pretend they weren't bothered by our two little girls tagging along after them and insisting that they play with them.

I am actually at a loss for words when it comes to Trashman. The man is virtually untapped. He was all he's cracked up to be and much more. He had Jethro and me in stitches and I was wiping tears of mirth from my eyes more than once. If you would, please try to get him to blog about Vegas. It will be well worth it. He is not only entitled to his opinions, he has earned them. He has done shit and that's all I can really say.

And as for Jen, well, he is a lucky, lucky bastard. She is cool and beautiful and down-to-earth and so funny and friendly. I liked her instantly.

We talked for five hours during which Jethro did his best to get Jen drunk. I don't know how well it worked, but he sure made his best effort. Trashman gave me my .38 special casing earrings. I plan on wearing them when I want to intimidate people.

So all in all, I am very glad we evacucationed to Austin.