Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Blog Lint

Gwennie and Emma are head over heels in love with Pokemon. Emma insisted I watch a show with them because it would teach me "how to battle." They draw the different pokemons, cut them out, then duel. Gwennie always wins, but it is hilarious to hear Emma shout "DODGE" and really try to remove her pokemon from the path of Gwennie's pokemon's imaginary assault.

-------------------------

So if you've read Jethro's blog, you'll know that Jethro turned in his resignation and we're in the process of buying our very own clinic. In actuality, nothing has been finalized, but we decided that even if everything falls through, Jethro would want to quit anyway. He's simply not getting paid enough and there are about a million things he is qualified to do which would pay a whole lot more. So that's where we're at. It's all topsy turvey, but I feel very peaceful about it. When it gets to the point where uncertainty is better than working for a crazy, hairy boss, it's time to go.

The clinic we're buying is in Another City, so we'll be saying adios to the good ol' Houston swamp which cannot be soon enough as far as I'm concerned. I'm sorting and packing shit, and discovering all manner of crazy stuff I'd thought was long gone. I have discovered several hidden caches of condoms, which was obviously a futile attempt to maintain some type of privacy from the children, so we probably won't have to buy any for awhile. Buying a clinic is financially daunting, so we must save where we can.

*note to self: check expiration dates

Blogging may or may not be sparse during the transitional period, but I will let you know if I find anything else of interest.

No comments: