Saturday, December 22, 2007

Got Tagged

Still feel like shit, but I was fortunately tagged, so I don't have to do any great thinking.

I guess I must post the rules so here they are:

1) Link to the person who tagged you. That would be Sohos.
2) Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


1. Wrapping or gift bags? Wrapping. I like difficulty.

2. Real or artificial tree? I prefer a real tree, but have had an artificial one until this year. The artificial one actually broke at the base the first year we got it and we've jerry-rigged it for seven years now. Last year if fell over three times, so we decided it's time had come and gone.

3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever we get the chance, but not until the beginning of December.

4. When do you take the tree down? Again, whenever we get a chance. I once left it up until February.

5. Do you like eggnog? Oh yes. But definitely with rum in it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Barbie Dream House. We'd just finished with the Best Christmas Ever in the way of loot, when I looked over and saw this strangled look of delight on one of my sister's faces. My dad had pulled off a sheet exposing a brand-new Barbie dream house. We were really into Barbie, but never expected the dream house for even a second.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep. Two actually. Gwennie broke Mary and Jesus last year with a yo yo, I think, and I was quite peeved.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Haven't really received a bad one. I've liked, or at least appreciated them all.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I ought to mail them, but I never do. This year I emailed them.

10. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story. "FRA-GI-LE. Must be Italian." Cracks me up every time.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I always say I'm going to start early, but I always end up starting after Thanksgiving.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Marie Callenders Razzleberry pie

13. Clear lights or colored? Colored

14. Favorite Christmas song? Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Merry Christmas from the Family by Robert Earl Keen

15. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? I usually go to my parents' house.

16. Can you name all of Santas reindeer? Yes, thanks to Gene Autry, the Christmas Cowboy.

17. Angel or star on the top of your tree? It's a nativity tree topper that should have a star over it, but it broke. Gwennie again.

18. Open your presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? The adults open theirs' in the evening, but we make the kids suffer until morning.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Lunatics on the road.

20. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk for Santa, carrots for the reindeer.

21. Least favorite holiday song? Let It Snow. It's just cruel to play it in Texas.

22. Do you decorate your tree with any specific theme or color? Nah.

23. Favorite ornament? A silver martini glass. It's just cool looking.

Anyone who wants to do it is more than welcome, but I'm specifically tagging Angi and Jeanette to be answered at their leisure.

No comments: