Friday, November 18, 2005

At the risk of beating a dead horse, here's a picture my illustrious seatmate on the bus to Dallas.










Ain't he a beauty?


---------------------------------------------

Now onto something health related - there is a medical theory about breast cancer that Jethro told me about and I think it's too important to keep to myself.

Around 90% of all breast cancers are located in the quadrant of the breast closest to your armpit. Breast cancer has been on the rise for quite some time and a theory is being advanced that it could be due to anti-perspirants. The theory is that blocking the sweat glands causes your body to retain waste products that are absorbed by the surrounding tissue.

Taking this into consideration, as well as the fact that I am at a higher risk for breast cancer because of the big'uns, I have started using only a deodorant. It contains salts which kill the bacteria that causes odor. It works. My pits have been nonsmelly since I started using it (not that they were before). The drawback is that it isn't an anti-perspirant, so there will be some wetness. Fortunately it's almost winter and I rarely sweat in the winter. But when faced with the risk of breast cancer, I'll take the damp underarms. The only other drawback is that it stings a little if you've just shaved. But it's entirely dealable.

So there you have it. Feel free to use the information as you see fit.

Have a great weekend.