Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Christianity vs Islam

If you haven't read the interview with Ayaan Hirsi Ali, please do. I've written about her before. Learn her name and remember her. She was about to be hot shit right before 9/11 because of her courageous stance on women's rights in the face of death threats from the psycho Imams. But after 9/11 the media ignored her. She is in under 24 hour armed guard because of the Muslim fatwas calling for her death. Her friend and the creator of a film critical of Islam's treatment of women, Theo van Gogh, (great nephew of Vincent van Gogh) was brutally murdered on the streets of Holland by an Islamonut.

Her words are too important to miss, and I strongly recommend that anyone who wishes to call themselves informed as to the issues at stake, read it over several times.

********************

And that's it. I'm closing my blogs. I mean, why bother anymore? Clearly wordplay is not the way to get things done.

The NY Times, in a story about the cartoons which have caused so much unrest, has inexplicably decided in lieu of publishing the actual cartoons, to publish the seven years old rendering of the Virgin Mary in elephant dung. Explain how artwork insulting to Catholics (who never rioted by the way) is in any way relevant in any form to the barbarian hordes on the Arab Street?

And these are the disclaimers CNN has put out in every little puff piece on the Muslim violence.

"CNN has chosen to not show the cartoons in respect for Islam."

(not religion, mind you, just Islam)

and the even smarmier:

"CNN is not showing the negative caricatures of the likeness of Prophet Mohammed because the network believes its role is to cover the events surrounding the publication of the cartoons while not unnecessarily adding fuel to the controversy itself."

Where is the respect for Christians who allow them to post whatever degrading, humiliating caricature or insult of their religion without fear of violent reprisal?

So that's it. I am not going to get my point across way using my words like a big girl. The Powers That Be have made that abundantly clear. The best way to get media respect is to threaten their pampered, worthless lives.

But it just goes to show you how stupidly adolescent our media is. It's always been their policy to report the gratuitous insults of Christians in particular, wrapping themselves in the Constitution (and smearing dung on it), and then closing their eyes, plugging their ears and screaming "fascist" and "freedom hater" at anyone who dared to suggest that perhaps there was no good reason to be broadcasting religious insults. The best part of freedom of speech (for them) was pushing the boundaries - not for any particular reason, but just because they could. It was new territory, and the consequences were minimal. And the more they could shock and appall the Christian establishment, the more points they got.

But it's easy to be brave in the face of a benign religion that forbids murder. It requires no strength of character to assert your freedom speech in the face of peaceful, elderly women with rosaries.

But look at them when the going got tough. They caved like great big, gaping pussies. So much for the first amendment.

Is it that deep down, despite all of the insulting and boundary pushing, the media believes Christianity is superior? Is that why Christians are held to a higher standard? If I were a Muslim I'd feel insulted. Hey that was funny. Who ever heard of a Muslim feeling insulted?

On a slightly more personal note, I really can't take seriously anyone insulting my religion or my God. It's like a pomeranian vs. a St. Bernard. When you come down to it, my God was nailed naked to a cross like a slab of meat, in the hot sun until he died, most likely covered in his own excrement. There really isn't a whole lot of insult to add. Yet despite all of that, I am only required to love him. No vengeance, no beheadings, no violence.

(Hat tips for the media information to Michelle Malkin and Jim Geraghty at TKS)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi zelda, yah, i was thinking of california where the houses average sale is from 500k. those agents making a killing if they dun cobroke!
santha and i are making a living almost 100% on rentals to expats coming to work here....not much sales.
has Jethro ever been to singapore? its not a bad place but small when u are used to USA. what part of TX you from? my cousins live in san antonio and houston.
cheers
david and santha

Zelda said...

Honestly, I'm at a loss for what to say about all of this. It's so sad and really, I think this is the beginning of the end for a lot of things.
Kristin | 02.09.06 - 2:27 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off to read the links now, but please before I go, don't tell me you are closing THIS blog...just payasita hopefully, please, purty please.
Angi | Homepage | 02.09.06 - 5:25 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The prejudice shown towards Christianity has bothered me for some time now. I think that's what irritates me so much about this whole cartoon fiasco.

Christians are persecuted, made fun of, mocked and who knows what else on a daily basis, but yet, we don't riout and protest en mass killing and threatening, no, we take it. I totally agree with this post. For that reason alone, you can't stop using your words, you are too good at it.
Angi | Homepage | 02.09.06 - 5:36 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what to say except that I am physically sickened by this entire mess.
First of all, you shouldn't stop writing, since this is the only way this news can be spread to others and discussed openly.
Second, are they not creating their own downfall? Surely even those opposed to the war, or opposed to the US sticking our noses in foreign affairs, can understand the necessity to put an end to the terrorism.
Third, Do you have any idea if the movie she and van Gogh made is available here in the US?
And Lastly, I still have not been able to get my hands on a legible copy of the cartoons. Do you know where I can go to find it? I think the more people that fully view the cartoons and understand what was at stake for these cartoonists to publish this, the better.
Jen | Homepage | 02.09.06 - 6:20 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been a reader of you since...oh, forever. Well, actually, that's not right. I found your blog through Jack's blog, and through both of yours I found Angi's, I comment on hers occasionally.

I haven't commented before. People like me who don't comment read you. And I agree with your stance, but I hope you reconsider quitting your blogs. It's blogs like your Paysita and the increasing popularity they have that has the main news outlets shaking in their boots about showing biased news.

The media is full of pussies. They go for what gets the ratings, they go for their agendas and it's wrong. Something needs to be done, but I'd say the only way to do something is push up the activism the other way.

I for one, don't watch the news anymore without looking at other sources to see what ACTUALLY happened. And you can't believe any story you see anymore, which I find sad. Pretty soon, this all is going to come to a head and something will be done. Or at least, this is my hope.
Jenn | 02.09.06 - 6:55 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a site with the cartoons in full size so you can actually see the cartoonist's message.

http:// weblog.theviewfromthecore...ind_005226.html
Jen | Homepage | 02.09.06 - 7:26 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks,

I'm pretty sure Zelda was being sarcastic.

She's simply saying that using the proverbial pen doesn't get the message across to our media that they're a bunch of double standard idiots.

Her message is that the only way to get them to accept the fact that they are a bunch of pussies is to physically threaten their lives like the Islamonuts.

See, they'll cave in and destroy the 1st Amendment if you threaten their lives. But if you defeat them with logic and reason and no threat of violence, they'll still insult you.

Cowards.
Jethro | Homepage | 02.10.06 - 12:37 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen, to all of the comments, and to this post.


And Thank God she ain't leavin us...

it would be a sad day in blogville.
Sam | Homepage | 02.10.06 - 11:18 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember Maplethorpe! (nope, Christians just shrugged it off, no blood, no heads on poles)

You're right. I think it is suspicious on their part though. Why do they need to take up for their "god" if he is the god? One must assume allah is in need of some human help. That's not much of a god to me. I'll stick with the one I worship (revealed in the person of Christ). Besides, mine doesn't tell me to hook up a case of D cell batteries to explosives and spark off on a bus.
Jason | Homepage | 02.12.06 - 1:34 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason - Yeah. The voices in my head only tell me to eat right and exercise more. Allah only knows what these morons are listening to.
Zelda | Homepage | 02.12.06 - 2:40 pm | #