Thursday, March 06, 2008

Yes Trashman, The Coffee Break's Over

Because it is Jethro's and my 9th anniversary.

I've now been blogging over half my marriage.

Happy Anniversary darlin'

The sex will be...sexual.

---------------------------------

Anyway, I'm taking a break from my housecleang to write a quick little post. I'm in something of a quandry.

I have to pick one of three graphs which I think best depict how humanity will be punished for our reckless abuse of the Mother Nature.

The problem is that I have no opinion. I simply don't know enough to make even an educated guess.

Just wing it, you say?

I can't. I can't put forth an opinion in which I have no confidence. I don't even know how to begin.

Will we run out of renewable resources and be punished with an unprecedented dieback of epic proportions with the future marked by drastic increases and decreases in the population? I don't know.

Will we correct our greedy, shameless ways and experience only a minor dieback still of epic proportions, but still able to sustain human life at a few billion below the current number? I don't know.

Have we raped the earth to such an extent that recovery is now impossible and we will reach population 0 in 500 years? I don't know.

I'm a fetishist for disaster scenarios, so I'm tempted to pick the last one and go nuts. But it would be like writing fiction, and I have no proof of anything with which to back my most dire fantasies.

I am considering writing a paper in place of this which details my ignorance on the subject while demonstrating that I have the capacity to learn it should he be so kind as to teach it.

I don't want to hurt his feelings though. He is such a nice, nice man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the entertainment value, I used to pick the most outrageous points, then defend them as vigorously as I could. Didn't matter if I believed in them or not - I just built the best defense I could. Made for some very interesting papers. Grades? Not always stellar, but if you pick & choose where to take your risks, it's manageable.

Happy Anniversary too!!!

Aprilwine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aprilwine said...

Happy Anniversary!

I agree with Brian. Just go with it. Who cares if it's true or not? It's all in the delivery.