Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What's In A Thumb?

Did you ever do something so stupid it made you seriously wonder how you came to make it to your 30s?

I just sliced open my thumb with a paper cutter. If I told you how I did it, you'd think I was challenged. If I told you what I was cutting with the paper cutter and why, you'd think I needed institutionalization. And you're probably right.

Now to change the subject, Gwennie remarked to me in the midst of a complaining marathon about the heat and the fact that she was out in it, she remarked that she was "hotter than 'the core'" meaning the earth's core. I thought that was a unique way of putting it.

And have I mentioned lately how sweet my Emma is? She's the kid who will just come up and give you a hug and kiss for no reason at all, just because she's sweet. And she unloaded the dishwasher without anyone asking her to the other day. She really is gold.

No comments: