Saturday, June 21, 2008

WHY?

My next door neighbor-lady when we lived in Houston called me yesterday telling me she was leaving her sick, abusive, little-girl molesting husband, taking her two sons, and moving up close to New Town to live with her mother.

Her mother called me this afternoon asking if I had heard from them. She was waiting at their house to take them all up to New Town, and they were supposed to be back from a Dr.'s appointment, but were an hour late.

I thought she was being paranoid until she told me that Molester had insisted on going with them. Then I didn't blame her for being nervous.

Anyway, long story short, I told Neighbor-Lady's mom to call me no matter what.

I did get the call, and Neighbor Lady did not leave with her.

Why? Why? Why?

I know, I know.

I still can't stand it. I'm not a very good person, but I am not above helping someone out when they're in an unacceptable situation. I told Neighbor-Lady that yesterday (that I would help her, not that I wasn't a very good person.)

Part of me is trying to be relieved that she won't be near me and that I won't have to deal with her problems. But I can't. I genuinely like her and she's never done anything to me or my family. A little inconvenience here and there doesn't bother me at all.

And her kids. Her poor fucking kids. They are too young to know what their dad is doing to them psychologically, but they are both medicated up to their poor little eyeballs - the only reason being their home life is so shitty. They behave horribly because no one teaches them any better. And I think it's probably too late. I think the pathology brought on by such neglect means that anyone who tries to correct them is in danger of being stabbed in their sleep. Life is going to have to kick their asses now.

Her mom asked if I would call her and just let her know that she could leave anytime she wanted, but not to tell her that she (her mom) and I had been in touch. I called Neighbor-lady a few hours ago. She said she's not leaving and her answers to my other questions were terse. I could hear molester asking her who it was in the background.

I don't know that I'm not expecting to hear of a triple murder/suicide in the next month or so.

No comments: