Wednesday, July 19, 2006

SUPPORT THE TROOPS

No keyboard yet. After all that, Jethro forgot to leave me his laptop. It's ok though. I got some too.

I figure I'll cut and paste the missing letters for right now. If I miss a few, you'll know why.

I am so excited. I was on the Pat Gray morning show on AM 950. He was nice enough to let me announce a victory rally I am holding to thank the troops for their service. I've never planned anything like it and I have no idea how to get the word out. I was lucky enough to get on Pat Gray, but it was at 6am and I have no idea how many people heard me. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be ecstatic to hear them.

Here is the email I sent out in case anyone who reads this is interested in going.

We will be holding a rally in support of our troops at on Saturday, July 29, 2006 starting at 2:00pm

The proprietors of Jack's Roadhouse (Dixie Farm Rd @ Hwy 3 across from Ellington Field) have agreed to host the event. Our PW group is heading it up and Pat Gray (the morning talk radio host) has agreed to announce it.

As of right now, I am trying to enlist speakers and anyone with any DJ skills/MC skills. I thought we might do an almost open forum in that anyone who would like to speak could submit a sample and be approved for a 5-10 minute speech. The only thing is that it can't be too political in nature - in other words, don't shill for a candidate and keep the message positive and articulate.

I also need anyone with any crafty-like skills to help with making banners and doing decorations for the event.

But mostly we need people to be there. That is the most important thing.


You can find the link to Jack's Roadhouse here. There will be a link on the page that goes directly to information on the event. I'm so excited about this, and I really hope we can get a good turnout. If anyone from the Greater Houston area wants to announce/link the event on their blogs, I would be most grateful.

No comments: