Monday, March 19, 2007

North Carolina: Day 1

We are here in beautiful North Carolina. Our trip was uneventful. Everything was on time, no one fucked anything up, and the drive to Asheville was fantastic. I don't know why but I seem to lose my mind in airports. I only have a few things I need to carry on, but everything just seems to fall apart whenever I get to the security check. Everything I own just kind of flies in all directions. Pens I didn't realize I had in my hand, I suddenly find I have no idea what to do with. I always lose my i.d. at least once. I count myself lucky that I didn't end up throwing all my shit in a pile, stripping naked and screaming at it to go away.

But we're here and aside my scatterbrainedness, everything went wonderfully. We just finished our evening with Angi and her Studman. We made them eat at a fancy schmancy bistro and then forced them to go watch 300 with us. They're probably cursing our names right now.

But speaking of 300, I loved it. Lu-hu-hu-hu-huved it. I'm not much of a fan of war movies. I was unmoved by Gladiator, I prefered the Elven storyline in the LOTR trilogy, and Braveheart was very dramatic, but I lose my enthusiasm for a movie when they slit women's throats (or kill off children). But 300 was fantastic. I realize it was mostly CGI, but the artistry itself was amazing. They drew the most beautiful muscles on the male actors. My biggest gripe was how much of it was in slow motion. That particular trick lost it's impact after awhile. Other than that, it was so so cool. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, so go see it.

I'm going to head off to bed since we'll be seeing Angi, Tommy and their boys tomorrow.

No comments: