Friday, February 04, 2005

Family Stuff

Not to brag or anything, but Jethro is going to be a very very good chiropractor. He just gave me and adjustment and I actually feel two inches taller. I have a constant nagging pain in my back because of the Gs (it always comes back to that doesn't it?), so I force Jethro to keep the table up and I make him give me adjustments every week (at least). There is a muscle in my back right along my spine on the left side that always hurts and there is always a huge knot under my left shoulder blade. It's as if all my stress is deposited right there. Jethro did some digging while I groaned in agony, but it actually feels much better. He says he is going to have to use massage oil to really work it out, and it will be excruciatingly painful, but it'll work. I wonder where my stress will go when the knot is gone...

In other news, the girls are cranky and whiny, so I know they're better. It is days like today when I want to leave them on someone's doorstep, but I know they won't stay put. They'll both start bawling and grabbing my arms and legs until I'm covered in snotty crying babies. It's no wonder every vertebrae is out of whack.

Gwennie did something funny though. She is extremely self-confident, but extremely clumsy. Somehow this doesn't in any way dampen her enthusiasm. Today she came to me crying and angry. When I asked her what was wrong, she said bitterly, "I fell off the potty and I hit my head on the waaaaalllllll." She was so annoyed about it I had to laugh.

Emma has been a little shit all day too. She, my angel baby, has been a little monster. She wouldn't let me get any work done, she wouldn't eat anything except waffles and ice cream - this child - who will normally eat everything on her plate no matter what it is and ask for more. I hope this is just because she's sick and she's not developing brat syndrome. I tried to spank her today because she wouldn't put away any of the toys she pulled out. I asked her if she wanted a spanking and she nodded her head. I figured she had misunderstood me, so I put her in spanking position so she would get it. She just lay there over my knee waiting for it. Well I can't spank her if she's not struggling. Either the child is slow, or she's extremely smart. She totally won that one. She half-heartedly threw a few toys around and I let it go. She's a strange kid.

Gwennie, on the other hand, has no real conscience to speak of and has no scruples whatsoever about cracking Emma one if she feels like she needs it. I looked over just in time to see her clock Emma in the head with the broom. Emma started crying and I asked (yelled at) Gwennie what she did that for.

Gwennie's eyebrows knit into a V and said, "Emma is not putting her toys away and you didn't spank her when you said you were going to."

She looked like a tiny little Carrie Nation. She's going to break my heart and convert to Protestantism one day, I just know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On : 2/4/2005 8:15:37 AM Fleece (www) said:


Gwen!! LOL! That's a precocious kid.

And I wish I was married to a chiropractor! My latest post talks about my injury and my affair with pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On : 2/4/2005 9:04:46 AM micki (www) said:


That sounds like the stuff my boys do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On : 2/4/2005 9:18:32 AM Zelda (www) said:


Fleece - I'm sorry about your back pain - it's very debilitating

Micky - I think it sounds like most kids.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On : 2/4/2005 11:28:09 AM jp (www) said:


Poor Gwennie. Mine don't do stuff like that, but they do have a tendency to get hurt on the stairs...by playing "tag."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On : 2/4/2005 2:50:01 PM Danny (www) said:


Your kid is badass, man, it's like you have an inside informant who does all your dirty work for you.

I really should discipline Emma you think to yourself.

Out of no where. "NEVER FEAR, GWENNIE'S HERE!" as she wields a wooden spoon.

Priceless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On : 2/4/2005 3:53:19 PM angi (www) said:


I love it! I wish Tommy was a chiro. I would never let him rest.

My kids just keep nagging me until I do spank the threatened one. They have so much love for each other.