Sunday, October 02, 2005

I'm considering myself tagged by Brighton.

The rules are:
1. Go into your archive.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same.

"I guess I have always been kind of non-conformist."

This does, in fact, sum up my blog.

I'm tagging Jen, Jethro, JP, John (you know who you are), and Gooch.

-----------------------------------

Jethro and I went to Carlos's welcome home party last night. It was an interesting time. I bit his ass and Jethro filmed it. Everyone was pinching each others' nipples. Carlos dunked me in the pool. Jethro dunked Micky (his ex) in the pool (entirely her fault) and brained her a little on the side of it. He ended up in the pool too because if he hadn't she would have been crushed like an armadillo in hill country. I'll explain what happened.

After Carlos dunked me, I didn't want to get out of the pool, but I was bored so I called Jethro over to come drink with me. Micky had already been in the pool and decided that she would shoving Jethro in as well.

Jethro stood up, with her firmly implanted on his back and flung her pretty damn hard at the water. Now common sense dictates that when you are being launched towards water and concrete, you aim yourself at the liquid. For some reason, Micky held onto Jethro and ended up smashed against the side of the pool. Jethro jumped in to lessen the impact.

A short time later, I had the perfect opportunity to push Micky's husband into the pool, but I didn't. And I let him know it. He thanked me profusely and I got the last word whether Micky knows it or not. So there. Nya.

But there were funny moments too. Later that evening I tried to pull Carlos's pants down, then ran away. He pretended to chase me then told me I ran like old people fuck. I knew I was about to get pantsed so I turned around and hissed at him aggressively. It wasn't planned or anything. Apparently, it is what I do when I'm cornered. Carlos started laughing and didn't pants me. We started sparring and he aimed one at my face. I kicked at his balls, but he cock-blocked and I kicked his knee with my big toe which hurt like the very devil. Still does. It's swelled up real big and it's all red. Well, the top is red, the bottom is kind of pink. I think Jethro was amused. But I know for sure that he would have pantsed me.

Over the course of the evening, I got to wondering about this group of ours. We are all college friends and I think everyone has slept with everyone at least once (or just made-out with, in my case). A lot of us are married now - and, if not to each other, always to people who fit right in. I was drunkenly observing all of our drunken behavior last night and I wondered if this was how scandals and key parties get started. It was depressing. As time goes by you lose more and more innocence. Oh, I know people think they are all bad in college, but it's an innocent kind of bad. I see potential for much greater harm in an incestuous little group of college friends after everyone starts pairing off. I hope it won't happen, but it might. It's the way things go. But I made a drunken decision that I won't allow that to happen to Jethro or me. You can mock the drunkenness, but my drunken decisions stick. I was drunk when I decided that Jethro would be the First. And that was almost a year before it happened.

Now I don't mind anything that happened last night. Some light-hearted titty twisting is just fine with me. But there is a stage where things can degenerate and I mean to be alert to it.

In other personal news, there is a possible job for Jethro right here where we are living now. It would be perfect because I'm taking my real estate classes as we speak, and I could stay here and build up my business while Jethro builds up his. I should be ecstatic. I have no right NOT to be ecstatic. But I'm not thrilled. I can't stand where we live. It is so fake and nouveau riche and utterly stifling. Give me the city or the country. I don't really care which. Just not the mind-numbing mundanity of the suburbs. I want to move to Wimberly, TX. Ok. I'm done bitching. I will start counting my blessings and quit being an ungrateful bitch. Yeah. That'll happen.

------------------

Oh, and yesterday was my blog's birthday. Yeah. I know.