Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Zoo

I still don't know what we're going to be for Halloween. There are actually a couple we are considering, so keep up the good work.

Jethro and I took the girls on a trip to the Houston Zoo this past Sunday. I have fond memories of the zoo. One time we went, there was a lady getting her picture taken by the monkey cages. She was standing there grinning like an idiot, while a monkey wanked it just above her head. She had no idea. It was hysterical.

Jethro's ex worked at the zoo for awhile. When the subject would come up, I would tell people her job was to stand in front of the monkeys and keep them from masturbating. Yeah. Don't ever date my husband.

This past visit was relatively uneventful. Gwennie lu-hu-hu-huves animals and was in 7th heaven when she thought some birds were trying to talk to her. "Look Mommy! They're talking to me! K-a-a-a!! K-a-a-a!!" she said earnestly. It was cute. Emma was very excited to see a "baby jagwater" as she calls both jaguar kittens or any other small cat resembling a jaguar. The zebras were also on her must see list along with koalas, giraffes, and tigers.

The funniest thing happened when we were eating lunch before we got to the zoo. We thought it would be nice to take the girls out for a little brunch, and our waiter happened to be as bald as a bean. As he left the table, Gwennie said, "Daddy, how do you say 'bald' in Vietnamese?" It wasn't as bad as the time she told the nice waitress she had a big butt and then laughed hysterically, but it was up there. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention to why she was asking that question, and I thought it was interesting, so I repeated it to Jethro who put his head in his hands and started crying softly.