Sunday, June 13, 2004

Saturday Night

Has anyone ever had an uncontrollable craving for lobster? I had one about 3 weeks ago and mentioned it to Jethro and our friend Benton. We decided that since lobster is so expensive at restaurants, we would pick a day, go the Hong Kong Market (where you can get lobster for $5.99 a lb), buy as much as we thought we'd be able to eat, and have a lobster dinner. I had to bide my time for 3 weeks but we were finally able to do it yesterday. It was quite expensive, but we just chalked it up to the fact that we would have spent a lot more for a lot less if we had gone out.

Anyway, we made lobster, garlic mashed potatoes, and macs and cheese for the kids. The lobster was perfect, especially with the lemon butter and the mashed potatoes which were full of sour cream and garlic, butter and salt. Thanks to Benton for boiling them so perfectly. So good. And I have discovered that is actually possible to get full on lobster. I never thought it was. I can't wait until Jethro is out of school, has his own practice, and we can eat lobster more often. I'm not high falutin' or snobbish or anything, I just love lobster.

Did you know that in Japan, you can hire a girl who will let you eat sushi off her naked body? I know this is only the tip of the iceberg, but I thought it was kind of cool - in a sleazy businessman kind of way. I guess you could do it in America too, but I think it would be a little out of the ordinary.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you thought of letting Jethro eat some sushi (or whatever her chooses) off of your belly? Then you could claim to be "worldly" people!

jp said...

I never understood why they call it a "practice." I mean, won't your husband be a trained professional when he gets done with his schooling? I don't go to any doctor that hopes to practice on me. :o)

Zelda said...

Paulie - I have considered allowing that to occur, but with two kids, it is just shy of impossible. Ye olde standard whipped cream is much faster, but when it comes right down to it, why waste the time?

JP - (throat clearing). The word practice has varying definitions. That being said, I think what he's doing now should be called a practice because if he does on his patients what he does on me, we will never eat lobster again.

jp said...

Yes, that's not the kind of fish that he's after when he sees you. :o)

Unknown said...

Hey, I have been there with the little ones around, at that time of life you just have to take what you can get when you can get it!