Friday, January 11, 2008

Musings

Snow falls in Baghdad. IT'S GLOBAL WARMING!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

If you you bother to read the article, note the excessively cheesy James Joyce reference and apology - further proving my suspicion that journalists are just writers who are having trouble selling their works of hack.

-------------------------------

Classes are going. I'll be very happy when I'm done with the drawing portion. I have no hand- eye coordination. I seem to have a fabulous grasp of the concept of graphic design, however. But just when I was congratulating myself on that fact and feeling slightly superior to everyone else in the room, I came to the conclusion that everyone else in the room was high. And they're still better at drawing.

Why does God see fit to bless these peasants with such gifts?

-------------------------------

And if you do nothing else the rest of the weekend, watch this: Swiped from Jim Treacher at Blowing Smoke.

We are staying put this weekend, thank goodness. I don't think I could handle one more trip back to Houston. I like my own bed, dustmites and all.

--------------------------------

I did not watch the GOP debate last night, being in class the whole time, but I hear Mr. Thompson cleaned up. Good for him. I think he might sweep the South. I certainly hope so. Huckabee's evangelicals are getting on my nerves, but they don't begin to compare to Ron Paul's psychos. How alarming is it when the candidate's supporters are scarier than the candidate?

I realize the slightly more conservative (cough...Michelle Malkin...cough) are jumping all over Thompson for not skewering McCain on issues such as immigration and campaign finance reform. I would have thought much less of him if he had. McCain could be a very valuable ally if he wins the nomination, and McCain should be given the utmost respect by Republicans and Democrats alike, even when you disagree. He has earned that in spades.

No comments: