Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Usual

I haven't read the article yet, but I did like the headline: "Moderate drinking and exercising may lower risk of heart disease." I do hope they mean at the same time. I can see myself enjoying the clinic exercise bicycle so much more.

So classes are interesting, but I'm just as bad as I feared. I sincerely hope they can do something with me. However, I seem to have gone overboard on the humility and can't seem to stop apologizing for my lack of talent. I think I have a decent amount of skill when it comes to concept, but making my hands execute that concept is like trying to escape from a cement coffin. It's always been a struggle to make my hands do what my brain is telling them. It's what keeps me from being a good musician as opposed to a just a strummer or a plucker. Luckily I can type and when the situation calls for it, write, otherwise I'd have no creative gifts whatsoever. And then all I'd have is boobs and I'd have to work out and become a stripper, or find some other profession that utilizes breasts. Nipple piercing model maybe (NSFW)?

Regardless, I'm going to learn as much as I can. It's amazing how much more focused I am now than when I was in school a decade ago. I really wasn't ready, which should have been obvious given that my first thought upon entering any class was how many absences the prof would let me get away with. But as with anything, you're ususally the last person to figure this out.

No comments: